Many facilities rely on bulk bag unloaders to empty bulk bags and supply their downstream processes with ingredients. A bulk bag unloading station, such as the Bagstander bulk bag unloader from UniTrak, can ensure the safe and accurate discharge of ingredients supplied in bulk bags (Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers, or FIBC’s).
Unloading bulk bags filled with ingredients requires safely elevating the filled bag and discharging the contents for feeding into downstream processes. A bulk bag unloader enables controlled, safe and efficient operations during the discharging process. Although relatively simple in design, with a bulk bag unloader, an operator can elevate a filled bulk bag onto the unloader, where it can be safely fastened and made ready for emptying. Once in position, a filled bulk bag can be safely untied and emptied, allowing the contents to be moved on to downstream processes.
Bagstander bulk bag unloaders from UniTrak are available to handle the discharge of ingredients supplied in bulk bags. Bagstander unloaders are available in both a hoist-operated and forklift loading model. Each model ensures zero material leakage and dust-free operation during any unloading procedure. Bagstander unloaders have the following features:
- Heavy-duty construction, performance-engineered for safe, reliable unloading. Bagstander unloaders are custom engineered for each application and constructed from heavy-gauge square tubing, with footplates lagged to the floor. These performance-engineered unloaders are a rock solid and immovable way to safely handle and unload bulk bags containing ingredients.
- Design and operation that provides operator safety and ergonomics. Bagstander unloaders feature unique hooked-loop retainers on the detachable lifting frame which make it impossible for the loops to slip or slide once engaged. The lifting frame assures positive, accurate, safe positioning of an ingredient-filled bag every time. Once the bag is in place, it is fully caged within Bagstander’s frame and safely secured at the top, fully supported by the unit’s hopper.
- Iris valve for controlled discharge. Every Bagstander unloader comes supplied with an aluminum body valve, standard in every unit. This iris valve is designed with polyurethane-coated nylon diaphragm that allows ingredients to flow from the bag under operator control. Operators need never come into contact with the product during unloading.
- Optional slide gates can be added. Often the process does not require the complete emptying of the bag at the same time. UniTrak can incorporate a Slide Gate Valve to facilitate stopping the product flow. Load cells can also be added to measure the amount of product discharged.
- Adjustable bottom and top frames to accommodate different height bags. Bagstander units feature a design which support a greater than 16” total bag size range adjustment, should your bulk bags vary in height. Overall height dimension will increase beyond the 141” dimension stated.
- Design flexibility that supports full application tailoring. Describe your application and we’ll design a Bagstander unloader to accommodate your process line’s requirements—including standard screw conveyors or feeders, aeromechanical and flexible screw conveyors, bucket elevators, etc. If required, Bagstander units can be factory-fitted with a vibrator to ensure complete, waste-free emptying. And, if you receive your materials in bulk bags and 50-pound sacks, UniTrak has a Bagstander solution that can accommodate both with integral Bag Dump Station.
To find out more about how UniTrak can service your needs for discharging ingredients with a Bagstander bulk bag unloader, please contact our sales department directly.