Facilities that are ready to take the next step from manually unloading material bags or sacks often scale-up their operations by introducing FIBCs (Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers, sometimes called Bulk or Big Bags). In a variety of different industries, FIBCs can carry 1-2 tons worth of material, increasing a facility’s operational efficiency by enabling the transport of larger amounts of material between processes. Many companies, including those in the food, chemical, plastics, and resources, now use FIBCs as the preferred method of elevating and transporting product and materials within their facilities.
However, using FIBCs to move materials requires a method to safely elevate the bulk bags and discharge them into the next process. The surest way to accomplish this is through the use of a Bulk Bag Unloader (sometimes known as a Bulk Bag Discharger, or FIBC Unloader).
Bulk Bag Unloaders permit controlled, safe and efficient operations when unloading FIBC’s. Simple in design, Bulk Bag Unloaders allow operators to elevate the bulk bag into the unloader, where it can be safety fastened and made ready for discharge. Once in position, the bulk bag can be safely untied and emptied.
The UniTrak Bagstander is an excellent example of a Bulk Bag Unloader. Often selected by customers to complement our line of elevating conveyors, Bagstander Bulk Bag Unloaders are widely used in a variety of industries to efficiently and safely unload bulk bags.
Bagstander Bulk Bag Unloaders are available in both a hoist-operated and forklift loading model. Each model ensures zero material leakage and dust-free operation during any unloading procedure.
Bagstander Bulk Bag Unloaders have the following unique features:
- Performance-engineered, heavy-duty construction. Each Bagstander is custom engineered for your application and built from heavy-gauge tubing, with footplates lagged to the floor. Bagstanders are a rock solid and immovable way to safely handle and unload FIBC’s.
- Safe and efficient operation. Unique hooked-loop retainers on the detachable lifting frame make it impossible for the loops to slip or slide. The lifting frame assures positive, accurate, safe positioning every time. When the bag is in place, it is fully caged within Bagstander’s frame and safely secured at the top, fully supported by the hopper.
- Iris valve (standard with every unit). Each Bagstander comes equipped with an aluminum body valve, with polyurethane-coated nylon diaphragm, that allows product to flow from the bag without the operator ever coming into contact with the product.
- Adjustable bottom and top frames. Bagstander offers designs which support a greater than 16” total bag size range adjustment if your FIBC’s are more varied in height. Overall height dimension will increase beyond the 141” dimension stated.
- Bag bottom piercing/slitting device. A penetrator and blade style bottom opener can be fitted directly below the Bagstander receiver cone for those applications using “single use” FIBC’s. This option may eliminate the need for the standard access chamber.
- Full design flexibility. Describe your application and we’ll design a Bagstander to accommodate your process line’s requirements—including standard screw conveyors or feeders, aeromechanical and flexible screw conveyors, bucket elevators, etc. If required, Bagstander can be factory-fitted with a vibrator to ensure complete, waste-free emptying.
If your facility needs a proven method for efficiently and safely unloading bulk bags, our application specialists will be pleased to speak with you about the advantages of Bagstander Bulk Bag Unloaders. For further information, please contact our sales department.