UniTrak has three different lines of conveyors that can handle the challenges associated with brewery conveyor systems. We specialize in moving the raw dry ingredients like pre-milled malted barley or grist to the mixing vessel or mash tun. For this process, we recommend our flexible screw conveyor or aeromechanical conveyor. Depending on the scale of brewery operations, either conveyor can be customized to suit your needs.
UniTrak has supplied conveying equipment to both craft/microbreweries and major national breweries, and we have serviced applications in both start-up breweries and expansions. Below are some of the features and benefits of our equipment when used in brewery applications:
UniFlex Flexible Screw Conveyor:
- Can be manually fed with sacks of ingredients and can convey up to 10.8 cubic feet per minute
- If processing is a batch operation, this conveyor can work well intermittently.
- If your grist hopper/mash tun is elevated, the UniFlex casing and auger can extend up to a mezzanine.
- Our hoppers come in 2.5, 4.0, and 8.0 cubic feet capacities to suit the amount of material you need to convey.
- We offer an Easy Clean version, which has a washdown motor, quick release clamps, rounded surfaces and a tilting feature.
- A UniFlex can be shipped to your brewery quickly, so you can be up and running in no time!
Powderflight Aeromechanical Conveyor:
- If you need a high throughput rate, the Powderflght can convey up to 24 cubic feet per minute
- If you have space constraints, this conveyor has a small footprint and can convey at any angle between 0 and 90 degrees.
- Like the UniFlex, the Powderflight can also be mounted on a portable base for ease of movement from one process area to the next.
- If preserving product integrity is a greater concern, the Powderflight’s speed combined with the rope and disc design, creates an air pocket which gently conveys the product so that minimal attrition occurs.
- The Powderflight is energy efficient and has a low power consumption compared to other mechanical conveyors
To see an example of a recent case study of a UniTrak brewery conveyor installed in Barcelona, Spain, for the Garage Beer Company, click here.